Thursday, January 21, 2010

Car trouble

My blue Tahoe has had an annoying problem. The moulding on the passenger side doors has been trying to pop off. We took it into the shop several weeks back for them to look at and to try to get them to fix it. Sadly enough they did not have the parts for one of the doors so we had to wait until they got the part in. Then it had to be painted. Then I had to find the time (and energy) to drop it off and the weather had to cooperate. Today I finally got it to the shop. When I went to pick it up at about 4:15 the service guy went out with me to inspect the job the mechanics did. As he walked past the moulding on the rear passenger door he pressed on it to see if it was sticking properly. To my surprise, the moulding seemed to be resisting the glue. The service guy got some tape to put on the Tahoe to hold the moulding in place in the hopes that the glue will have time to totally bond to the moulding before I take the tape off tomorrow. I hope it does because I don't want to have to take it back again.

No comments: